Consoul's Blog Consoul Games: NYE with PSP

Thursday, December 30, 2004

NYE with PSP

Just in the nick of time - my 2004 ends on a high note.

I have just taken delivery of a beautiful PSP value pack + Ridge Racers. The PSP is truly a sight to behold. It's gobsmacking. From the moment I unpacked it, I felt like I was holding a piece of the future. The overall look of the unit and the unbelievably sharp and vivid images on the screen are jaw-dropping. The pictures you've seen online do not do the PSP justice. You need to see one for yourself.

Fingerprints are very noticable on the glossy casing, but that's the price you pay for such a slick design. Not a dead pixel in sight on my PSP's screen I'm relieved to say. I didn't get one of the limited UMD demo discs, but hey, you can't have everything. At least I got one of the first batch - likely to be the only batch made in Japan with the gorgeous Sharp screens. The rest will be made in China with Samsung screens. Now I just need to get a big Memory Stick Duo for MP3's and movies.

I've got to say I'm really very impressed with both Nintendo and Sony's handhelds - Nintendo have delivered on their promise of providing the opportunity for truly original gaming experiences, and Sony have done the unthinkable and delivered a handheld with capabilities to rival current generation home consoles.

Anyway, I'll be off now and I might return in a few days when my thumbs have been reduced to bloody stumps. Happy new year all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home